Before discussing the benefits of organic food. We need to understand what Is organic food and how different from the regular food item that millions of people consume daily.
Organic foods are those fresh and processed items that are produced by organic or natural farming methods. To enhance the growth and volume of food items synthetic chemicals like human-made pesticides, fertilizers, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are used frequently. But organic products are harvested naturally without using harmful chemicals.
Chemicals used in food and their side effect
DDT is the most used insecticide. It’s mainly used to control pests and insects, but it causes huge environmental and health issues. These are - endocrine disorders, effects on embryonic development, lipid metabolism, and hematological and hepatic alterations.
GMO or Genetically Modified Organisms are mainly used at the time of harvesting to enhance the growth and volume of certain grains or cereals. But it creates an adverse effect on human health. Many studies have been done on GM foods and the result was shocking. These foods are directly affecting our internal organs like the pancreas, renal, and reproductive systems.
This is not all, there are a lot of different chemicals and pesticides that are been used in regular food items which are too harmful to our health and environment.
Benefits of organic products
- The main health benefit of organic food is it is completely free from all kinds of chemicals.
- The main advantage is it will be always fresh.
- The food items will be GMO-free and super healthy.
- The natural taste will be intact in organic foods.
- There will be a huge seasonal food option you can get.
- It will be healthier and fuller in nutrients.
- These organic foods are more sustainable.
- It will help the local farmers who are continuously working to produce the best quality food.
- These foods are completely environment friendly.
- It will inspire and educate our future generation to choose the correct alternative.